OJS Students get unparalleled support on their path to a college education.
From college visits to scholarships and mentoring, we are with you every step of the way. Are you an 8th – 11th grade student in Long Beach? We’re here for you.
(información en español AQUI.)
“As an immigrant and first-generation student, my family did not know how to even begin applying to college, but OJS was there to provide me with the mentoring and resources I needed to get into a four-year university. But what makes OJS great is that not only do you get academic support but you also gain fun life experiences. Yes, I had SAT prep classes but I also went horseback riding and kayaking for the first time with OJS. I am proud to be an alumna of OJS and now a college graduate from Northwestern University.”
Panny SengOJS Alumna
“Being apart of Operation Jump Start has given me a front-row seat to how youth are the futures next generation of leaders. As an alumna of the program and now Summer Associate, I get a front-row seat of all the hard work that goes on to CREATE opportunities for students like myself and you! They give students the ability to dream of things that seem unattainable and make it a reality for themselves. I am forever grateful to be a product of an organization that is progressive, motivation and nurturing!”
Zele AldonzaOJS Alumna
“Let’s jump-start your college journey today! Become an OJS scholar.”
We are accepting applications for the current academic school year.
- Application: Fill out your application today! Apply below.
- Interview: After your application is submitted and reviewed, you’ll be contacted to participate in a short interview with your parent/legal guardian. This interview will provide you the opportunity to share your high school and college goals. Most importantly, it gives us the opportunity to get to know you and your family to be able to provide the best resources.
- Admissions: An acceptance letter will be sent to your home address with additional instructions regarding how to confirm participation in the program. In addition to an acceptance letter, you will receive a welcome call by one of our staff.
- Orientation: Once accepted you will participate in a student orientation also known as The Jump Start. At the event you will learn about what to expect for the academic school year, engage with other OJS students, and most importantly have fun!
- Programming: The first day of OJS programming begins within a week of student orientation. Our staff will work with each student to create a schedule that fits with their individual needs and obligations. In addition, you will get a monthly calendar to “Save the Dates” in advance.
Programs Student Application
In order to determine your eligibility to become a scholar in Operation Jump Start, please complete all sections below. If you have any questions, please contact us!
All applicants must submit an unofficial transcript. It can be accessed through student and/or parent vue.